Executive Director – AmCham Albania
The American Chamber of Commerce in Albania (AmCham) is a private, not-for-profit business promotion and development organization. Through its work and services, AmCham seeks to build a better business climate, and to be the leading representative for U.S. and international business in Albania. Since its establishment in 2000, the Chamber has worked to increase trade between the United States and Albania, to promote foreign investment in Albania, and improve the Albanian business image in U.S. and international markets. AmCham’s membership has grown steadily over the past decade, and now totals more than 240 active members representing the most productive and successful businesses operating in Albania.
On behalf of AmCham, AIMS International Albania & Kosovo is looking for a dynamic Executive Director with 10 years of relevant work experience. Under the overall supervision of AmCham Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Chamber’s activities, services and staff, including all substantive and administrative matters. The position will be based in Tirana and be offered a full time assignment.
• Manage and coordinate day-to-day Chamber activities, from substantive, administrative, HR and financial points of view.
• Ensure a good relationship with the AmCham Board members by supporting their operations. Responsible for implementing Board ‘s strategic agenda and policies. Organize and facilitate regular Board of Directors’ meetings.
• Actively maintain existing members and seek out new members.
• Ensure timely preparation and compilation of the Chamber’s Annual/Quarterly Work Plans and their submission to the AmCham Board as appropriate.
• Prepare monthly reports for the AmCham Board on the Chamber’s key activities, issues and required action points. Prepare annual/semi-annual progress and financial reports and submit them to AmCham Board as appropriate. Ensures Committee’s output is delivered according to organization’s policies.
• Provide direction and leadership in advocating the Chamber objectives, in ensuring that all interested parties are well informed about the Chamber activities and goals.
• Represent the Chamber as required in Albania and build professional relationships with national, local, district, regional authorities and relevant national and international partners to ensure the full participation of a broad spectrum of national leadership in the identification, planning and execution of the Chamber activities.
• Serve as media contact in order to enhance AmCham’s image.
• Advocate the interests of the members in improving the business climate in Albania.
• Maintain relationships with the U.S. Embassy, Government of Albania, the regional AmCham network, AmChams in Europe, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
• 10 years of relevant working experience.
• A Minimum of University Degree in business, economics, political science, or law.
• Strong managerial skills, ability to work in a dynamic and multipurpose environment.
• Highly developed leadership skills including the ability to inspire, encourage and build trust and confidence. Proven experience working in service to a broad range of clients and stakeholders.
• In depth knowledge of the United States and Albania. Solid understanding of the issues facing countries in economic transition.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral in both English and Albanian (conversant). Pr oven ability to draft, edit and produce written proposals and results-focused reports.
• Proven experience working with Government, civil society, international organizations and donors.
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
• Familiarity with social media
• Strong and documented management skills and experience. He/she should be able to set clear standards for accountability, probity, value for money and risk management; to ensure sound and transparent financial management; and deliver continuing improvement in the Chamber’s effectiveness and in its systems to measure and report on this.
• He/she must have the ability to direct staff resources strategically, effectively and transparently, with appropriate delegations of authority.
• The ability to think beyond traditional modes and to be innovative in seeking solutions to complex operational and logistical challenges.
• Ability to fulfill the Chamber’s responsibility of accountability and transparency to member s of the Board and other stakeholders
• Strong advocacy skills to beutilisedin extensive public speaking, media interviews and interaction, giving testimony to intergovernmental bodies, and advocating for the Chamber.
• Strong diplomatic skills necessary to promote the principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence as well as focus on the Chamber’s mandate amid volatile and controversial political debate.
• Advanced university degree in business, economics, political science, or law.
• Have worked and/or studied in the United States for 4+ years.
• Citizen of the United States or dual U.S./Albanian citizenship.
If you are willing to consider this position, please contact Mrs. Monika Farka by submitting your application with CV in English & Cover Letter to: [email protected] 27 of February 2019.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
We will be happy to contact candidates that fulfill AmCham requirements.
Check other Jobs from AIMS Albania
AIMS International – Albania Shpk, European Trade Center, Tower A – 13/3, Tirana Albania
Phone: +355 4 45 09 261, Web: www.aims.al
WE FIND&GROW YOUR LEADERS
E2 Partners Group, on behalf of its client is looking for motivated candidates to join an amazing team in the...Apliko për këtë vend pune